Tuesday 5 November 2013

All About Afternoon Tea


I love afternoon tea..
Porcelain white, silver of floral teapot; fine china and sparkling silverware; fragrant tea, butter-y scones with clotted cream and jam, decadent desserts, ladies in pretty dresses..



Harrods KLCC

Harrods on the first level has a posh setting for afternoon tea, and can be seem a bit 'snobbish'. I prefer Harrods Café on the ground floor, it has a more casual feel to it and friendlier atmosphere.
The staff looks cute too with the striped apron and straw hat.



TWG tea, Pavilion KL

I was kind of disappointed to found out that its not established in 1837, in fact the company is founded in Singapore in 2008 and 1837 commemorates the year of the establishment of Chamber of Commerce for trading, including tea.
TWG has the look and feel of Mariage Freres in Paris. It is cited as the "first and only upscale tea salon" in Singapore (~Wikipedia), and is a nice consolation when not in Paris.

I tried the tea salon in pavilion for my birthday in 2012. I would prefer if its in a retail area instead of in the middle of the concourse, but nevertheless the tea set is simply delectable.



Hotel Majestic, KL

Hotel Majestic, a colonial building was built in 1932 and recently refurbished. It is now included in the Leading Hotels of the World luxury hotel collection and is a popular place for weekend afternoon tea at its Colonial Café or the exclusive and pretty Orchid Conservatory.

The good part about the afternoon tea set here is that it includes local delicacy of hot fresh currypuff and other fried kuih.




1885 @ E&O Hotel, Penang

I've been wanting to come here for afternoon tea for awhile. Now that I'm in Penang a lot, its about time I try it.
The restaurant and setting is elegant, the tea set too is delectable but somehow maybe I had too high expectation for it.


 


Delicious
That being said, the best scones for me is from Delicious.
Oh, those butter-y, crumbly scones is just sooo good..



Ritz-Carlton or Carcosa Seri Negara, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment